onsdag 23 november 2011

ICT tools in primary school, the modern world?

ICT tools in primary school, the modern world?

This is an argumentative essay where I will discuss my thoughts on why ICT belongs in primary school.

Today’s society moves in an incredible speed and in a very near future computers will be a necessity in our lives. Most people can not do their everyday life without a computer but there still exist some people who don´t own a computer or even have used one. We as teacher have an obligation to make sure that schools don´t become obsolete and out of date. Nowadays, school is not the number one place for learning but we have to change that trend so that schools will be considered an absolute necessity for learning. I think that computers in primary school is a first step towards this.

Research shows that children can learn to read by writing but not all of them have developed their fine motor ability at the age of 7. If they learn to write at a computer they don´t have to have the same fine motor ability and they can just concentrate on learning the letters and how they sound.

Children of today are very good at computers. Most of them learnt how to use a computer in kindergarten and they love sitting by a computer. So by bringing computers in to school we give children an opportunity to meet something that they know, are familiar with and think is fun. And as we all know, when we think something is fun, we learn more easily.

In this argumentative essay I have argued for the use of ICT tools in primary school. I have shown why I think it is an absolute necessity. ICT tools should be a complement in our ordinary education! Further more, the curriculum states that we should work with computers with our students and that puts an end for this discussion.

3 kommentarer:

  1. The only thing I wonder about is if you have an introduction? Is the part about our society the introduction or an argument?

    SvaraRadera
  2. I think it looks good but I think Further and more should be one word: Furthermore. But I'm not sure.

    SvaraRadera
  3. I think you have followed the structure on how to write an essay is very good, but I think your introduction should be a little bit longer.

    SvaraRadera