tisdag 29 november 2011

A short story (6-9 years old).

I don´t want to be mashed potatoes.

Once upon a time there where two potatoes called Old and Fresh. They where the best of friends. Old and Fresh lived in a refrigerator and the thing they where most afraid of where mashed potatoes. They where absolutely terrified of ending up as mashed potatoes.

One day the mother of the house said: “Let´s eat mashed potatoes.” Old and Fresh got really scared and decided that they had to escape. When the door to the refrigerator opened, they quickly rolled out, down on a bench and finally through an open window. When they landed on the street, a taxi pulled up and they quickly rolled on. The taxi drove them to the beach.

On the beach Fresh said: “Let´s lay in the sun for a bit.” “What a good idea!” Old replied. But after a while in the sun they noticed that they had become soft. “What has happened?” Fresh asked frightened. “I don´t know, we have to ask a doctor.” said Old.

They went to a doctor and asked him: “What´s wrong with us? Why are we soft?” The doctor answered them that they had become baked potatoes. “Oh no,” said Old. “Is there nothing to be done?” “Yes,” the doctor replied, “You can become mashed potatoes.” Terrified they rolled away.

Suddenly they hit a sign. On the sign it said “Bath-house”. They rolled inside but Old didn´t look out so he fell into the pool. Fresh laughed at him and Old got a angry so he said to Fresh “Hop in, it´s warm and wonderful.” So Fresh jumped in the pool. Now they where both cold and wet so they went in to the sauna to get warm again. But Old and Fresh had never been in a sauna so they laid on the lava stones. “Aooo!!!” they both screamed and ran as fast as they could to another doctor.

“Please, help us.” they asked the doctor. “What has happened to us?” The doctor answered that they had become grilled potatoes. “Is there nothing to be done?” Old asked. “Yes,” said the doctor. “You can become mashed potatoes.” Terrified they rolled away.

They were in such a hurry so they happened to roll in to a Chinese restaurant and the chef got a hold of them. Before they realised what had happened the chef had chopped them up into wedges. Now they had to get out before someone ate them. They hopped out in to the street and there they found a bottle. They thought that they perhaps could hide inside the bottle so they opened it.

Out of the bottle came a jinni. The jinni said that they had freed him so for this they got three wishes. “Oh, then I wish that we where whole potatoes again,” said Fresh. “And I wish that we where home again in out refrigerator.” said Old. “Okey, done,” said the jinni, “but what is your third wish?” “We wish that we never again have to hear about mashed potatoes” they both said at the same time. Poof!!

Old and Fresh then lived happily ever after in their refrigerator... but after about a week they started to mold so the mother of the house through them out, but that is another story all together.

All is well that ends well!!




4 kommentarer:

  1. You have written a really entertaining story. As usual I think that your language is good, and the layout looks fine as well.
    I only noticed that you might have written an a too much in "Old got a angry".

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree with Marina! It's really an entertaining story! I just wounder if you say "got a hold of them" or "got hold of them"?

    SvaraRadera
  3. A nice story!


    In the sentence “the thing they where most afraid of where mashed potatoes” I think it should be write were instead of where in the first where, like this: “the thing they were most afraid of where mashed potatoes”

    In this sentence “Fresh laughed at him and Old got a angry so he said to Fresh” I think you should write “got angry” instead for “got a angry”

    SvaraRadera
  4. A good story! I agree with the other. Have a nice weekend! :)

    SvaraRadera